"ROAD TO HAPPINESS"

"ROAD TO HAPPINESS"
Dedicated to Wendy who helped to inspire my picking up the brushes again.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day - Drawings by Chris Drew

I am calling this: Happy Mother's Day.  Drawing by Chris Drew using colored pencils on 8-1/2 x 11 paper. Chris mailed me the card and wonderful drawing, so you can still see the fold marks in the drawing that will eventually go away. Chris has been inspired by master artist Monet.  This drawing is Chris's rendition of Monet's "Poplars on the banks of the river Epte, as seen from the marsh". I think Chris captured it well, by adding his own technique. I also love the rose on the Mother's Day card. Chris has limited tools and must use his imagination to achieve the results you see. I have never tried to use colored pencils.  I think it must be more difficult to get the effects you want.  I welcome your comments.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU
AND TO FATHER'S THAT SERVE AS A MOM AS WELL.

No comments:

Post a Comment